By Drew Hayes
Greetings and hope you are off to a great start in 2017. Now that the brunt of winter is behind us, we can start looking forward to spring and warmer weather activities!
I am pleased to be the IEEE Cleveland Section Chair for 2017, and look forward to working with the other Executive Committee members to provide interesting and high quality events to Cleveland Section members this year. The 2017 Executive Committee Members are:
- Chair – Drew Hayes (Patent Attorney – Wegman, Hessler & Vanderburg) – email@example.com
- Vice Chair – Abe Shahrodi (Owner – Power Magnetronics Solutions) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer – Max Scardelletti (Smart Sensors and Electronics Systems Engineer – NASA Glenn) – email@example.com
- Secretary – Steven Galecki (Manager of Engineering – Checkpoint Surgical Inc.) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member At Large – Jennifer Jordan (Smart Sensors and Electronics Systems Engineer – NASA Glenn) – email@example.com
- Section Student Representative – Taylor Scardelletti (Student – Cleveland State) – firstname.lastname@example.org
This year, I plan to build a strong organization that achieves operational excellence by facilitating:
- More interaction with local corporations and academic partnerships to enhance member value.
- More offerings to membership that promote networking and career development
- More cross planning with other professional societies
- Engineering Ethics course to comply with newly amended ORC 4733 for PEs in 2017
The Cleveland Section is very fortunate to have active volunteer leaders at both
at the Section level. Further, we also have volunteers at the Chapter/Society level who regularly plan outstanding events, such as Dr. Lili Dong of Cleveland State, who has chaired the Control Systems Society Cleveland Chapter for several years..
However, there are always opportunities for others to assist in their area(s) of interest. Some of the areas with current openings at the Chair and/or Vice Chair position are Life Members, Women in Engineering, Young Professionals (formerly GOLD), Membership Development, Educational Activities, Awards and Nominations, Newsletter, and Communications Society.
If you have an interest in learning more about any of the above listed opportunities or any suggestions, feel free to drop me a line at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you on how the IEEE Cleveland Section can serve you better.
Chair, IEEE Cleveland Section