Date: Sept. 10, 2014 from 6:00-8:30 PM at Mavis Winkle’s in Independence.
Flyer can be downloaded here.
Senior member is the highest grade for which IEEE members can apply. IEEE members can self-nominate, or be nominated, for Senior member grade.
All members are invited, but those interested in becoming elevated are encouraged to attend. The Senior Member Grade Elevation Night is a great opportunity to meet with Senior Members, Fellows, and Honorary Members to seek out references for your application. The Section will see that sufficient references are on hand and computers are available for online submittal.
You can perform a self-check if you are qualified at: http://goo.gl/OeflI9
Keep in mind that most members are qualified and don’t even realize it! If you have any doubt, come anyway and we will look at each case individually. Worst-case scenario, you meet new professionals in your field and have a great time.
WHAT TO BRING
- IEEE member number
- IEEE.org username and password – for assistance call 1-800-701-4333
- Electronic resume/CV (DOC or ASCII only) or email in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start and stop dates (month/day/year) of each degree.
- Ten years of professional experience that shows jobs with start/stop dates.
o Educational experience can count toward professional experience: Bachelors – 3 yrs; Bachelors & Masters – 4yrs; Doctorate – 5yrs
o A year spent both working and attending school counts toward only one (i.e. A person with a Bachelors who worked during school must have at least 7 years of engineering level experience that does not overlap with the years attending school)
- Five years of significant professional experience demonstrated by publications, patents, jobs, teaching, standards work, PE, IEEE/Society experience, leadership experience, management experience, or consistent pattern of career advancement (e.g. promotions and awards).
- Current employment with title, number of years of experience, full physical address and phone number of employer.